Katie has loved and lived with many animals throughout the years. The list spans from dogs and cats to rats, parakeets, bunnies, and a snake.
A few special animals have stood out. These “heart” animals include Hana, a large Golden Retriever who nurtured baby Katie’s interest and love for dogs. A rat named Sally who went everywhere with Katie for years – including work at a pet store, dog walking and house sitting! Sally would come when called and was an ambassador for her species. Tanner was the difficult dog that changed Katie’s world. Tanner showed Katie what love and patience are really about.
Currently Katie lives with Tater Tot (tabby cat) and Mila (smooth collie).
Katie began to work with animals professionally in 2011 after receiving a BA in Psychology from San Diego State University. By 2013 she opened Katie’s Critters. Since 2011 Katie has studied animal behavior and training by attending classes, seminars and workshops. Some of these include becoming a Karen Pryor Academy – Certified Training Partner and a DogTec – Certified Dog Walker. Katie also volunteers and trains with the local humane society.
- Karen Pryor Academy (KPA) – Certified Training Partner (CTP)
- Certified Dog Walker – dog*tec
- Certified in Pet CPR and First Aide by Pet Tech
- Business Code of Ethics Pledge
- Supporting Member of the APDT (Association of Professional Dog Trainers)
- Insured and Permitted
- Years of experience (personally and professionally)
- Vast knowledge of Animal Nutrition
- Passion, love and kindness for the well-being of animals
- BA in Psychology, minor Counseling and Social Change from San Diego State University (background knowledge in Learning Theory, the basis for Positive Reinforcement Training)
- Volunteer at Wildcare, a local wildlife rehabilitation hospital
- Volunteer with local Kitten Rescue (2011-2014)
- Volunteer and Trainer at Marin Humane Society
- Known and Loved by the San Anselmo and surrounding Community (Drake Alumni)